|| APPRENTICE HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN CALGARY; HET; Mechanic
Under the supervision of the Shop Foreman and Lead hand, the Apprentice Technician, while learning, will perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to potentially being specialized in particular areas of repair.
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside an assigned Journeyman technician to learn to perform quality vehicle service, maintenance and repairs.
- Perform safety inspections, oil changes, lubrication work, basic maintenance and minor repairs as directed.
- Able to read and comprehend the repair order, diagnose cause of any malfunction, perform repair and complete job(s) assigned.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards. Does not perform unauthorized repairs.
- Take direction from supervisor and expedite repairs accordingly.
- Communicate with parts department efficiently to obtain needed parts. Know all the required parts that will be needed to complete the job you are assigned. Work with the parts department and their staff to best serve the customer
- Saves and tags parts, with date, code(s), model number and serial number of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Road test vehicles when required or refer to the designated test technician. No employee may operate any company or customer vehicle without the proper license and must have the authorization of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins must complete all self-paced modules and all class training as is scheduled for technician.
- Participates in company and manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Keeps shop area neat, clean and safe. Reports and safety concerns to the Supervisor Immediately.
- Reports any accidents or incidents that require attention immediately.
- Other duties as required
- Must be a registered apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician
- Ability to understand and effectively use computer equipment including computers for diagnostics
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers
- Able to communicate in clear English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
We want to thank everyone for applying, however only applicants that possess the required knowledge will be considered for the position.
Interested applicants should forward your résumé to:
Sterling Western Star Trucks
9115 – 52nd Street SE
Calgary AB T2C2R4