|| SERVICE FOREMAN – RED DEER
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Shop Foreman is responsible for the overall status of the repair and maintenance of all vehicles in the shop. This position requires expert knowledge of all tools and equipment required to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electronic and non-electronic; transmissions, manual and automatic, vehicle suspensions, braking systems, air and mechanical systems.
Along with expert knowledge with heavy-duty trucks, the Shop Foreman will have the ability to supervise a team of twenty or more technicians of all skill levels and assess a mechanics work capabilities for the purpose of assigning appropriate work. The Foreman must have CAT & Cummins certifications to be considered for this role.
|Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Foreman performs some or all of the following duties:
- Train, motivate, and monitor the performance of the service department staff.
- Accurately listen to and communicate with the customer all problems and concerns with their vehicle and/or work in process.
- Investigate and correct customer complaints regarding quality.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, comebacks, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service.
- Monitor shop condition, including cleanliness, safety and the condition of shop equipment. Report all problems to the Service Manager or General Manager.
- Monitors technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records
- Have knowledge and understanding of service department positions; technician, lead hand, service writer and warranty admin.
- Keep abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Assigns daily workload based on technicians capabilities and training.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, establish and maintains customer follow-up program to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Assist the parts department in maintaining inventory of critical parts that may be needed.
- Monitors training levels of technicians and communicates concerns to Service Manager and Trainer.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability. Supports technical training effort through one-on-one and group sessions.
- Works with parts and service managers to find ways to improve the overall profitability of the dealership.
- Supervises work of all apprentice technicians. Provide training and assistance.
- Assists in the evaluation and hiring process of new technicians.
- Other duties as required.
- Journeyman Heavy Truck Technician Certificate
- Minimum 5 years as a Journeyman
- Minimum 2 years experience in a lead hand or foreman role
- Minimum class 3Q license required
- Must have Engine certifications including CAT, Cummins & Detroit Diesel
- Ability to understand and effectively use computer equipment including computers for diagnostics
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers
- Able to communicate in clear English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
We want to thank everyone for applying, however only applicants that possess the required knowledge will be considered for the position.
Interested applicants should forward your résumé to:
Sterling Western Star Trucks
7690 Edgar Industrial Court
Red Deer AB T4P4E2